Since 1849 in Ovada Maria
Teresa Camera lived in community with few companions who
day increase in number.
In the community the first place is given to Meditation,
Prayer , the Sacraments, then the Apostolate is carried
out , with tireless assistance to the sick people in the
house to house service and in the hospital. Teach catechism
to the children and trains the girls for the job in a small
workshop for sewing and weaving and thus she educate them
to the faith.
them work in the bakeshop located on the grown floor of
the house and distribute bread; in doing so they help the
poor and provide them with food and medicines. People call
the group is compose of 20 girls, Msgr. Pagella the vicar
General of the diocese of Acqui gather them into a Pius
the first draft of constitution which are approved on march
3, 1892 by St. Joseph Marello ordinary of the diocese.
the Church receives the first Religious Temporary Professions
which will be perpetual in the year 1909.
World War I the sisters become tireless nurses for the sick
and wounded soldiers in four military reserve hospitals,
St. Chiara, Lazzaretto, Regina Margherita, and Instituto
Isnardi while offering this service of Charity, quite a
good number of sisters got infected with tuberculosis. The
death of many young sisters was blood baptism and become
know as the evangelical seed of vocation, generous and in
voice of the Church acknowledges the Blessing of God and,
on Dicember 1923, the Bishop of Asti, Msgr. Luigi Spandre
establish the Pius Institution into “ Religious Congregation
of the Daughters Of Pieta’ “ of Diocesan right,
and approves its constitutions sign of vitality and authenticity
in the local Church .
the same Bishop authorizes the new name “ Congregation
of the Daughters of our Lady of Pieta’ “ . Such
a name has a value of deepening and clarification in the
Spiritual journey of the institute because each sister,
in her apostolate, service and charity chooses as a model
the Sorrowful Mother active and sharing in the suffering
2, 1952 the Congregation is civilly recognized by the Italian
Government as a “ Non- Profit Corporation Mo. Maria
the special General Chapter is the sign of prompt and committed
adherence of the Congregation to the new Pentecost of the
Church in the Second Vatican Council. With the contribution
of all members the Constitutions are updated, approved “ad
experimentum” on March 27 , 1970 by the diocesan Bishop
of Asti Msgr. Giacomo Cannonero.
19, 1972 the church rewards the humble and attentive work
of renewal the humble and attentive work of renewal, granting
to the Congregation of the Daughters of our Lady of Pieta’
the pontifical recognition and becomes a Religious institute
of Pontifical Right; A clear sign that the Charism of Mo.
Teresa Camera is valid for the local and universal Church
because the Paschal Mystery of salvation is lived according
to it’s peculiarity.